Important Event's Of Islam (Month Wise)
MUHARRAM UL HARAM:-
1) 1ST Muharram The Islamic New Year is observed by Muslims.
2) 7th Muharram Access to water was banned on Imam Husayn by Yazid's order.
3) Event Took Place on 10th of Muharram (Aashura):-
a) Hadrat Imam Hussain RadiAllahu Anhu was martyred on the battlefield of Karbala in Iraq.
b) Hadrat Adam Alaihis Salam was accepted by Allah.
c) Hadrat Nuh Alaihis Salam and his followers were saved from the floods.
d) Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salam was born.
e) Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salam received the title of Khalil-ullah (Friend of Allah).
f) By the orders of Allah, the fire into which he was thrown by Namrud became cool and a means of safety for him.
g) Allah removed Hadrat Ayyub Alaihis Salam from distress and he was restored to prosperity.
h) Allah created the heavens and the Earth.
i) On this very day the Day of Judgement shall be established.
SAFAR UL MUZAFFAR:-
1) 1st Safar Households of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) entered Yazid's Palace at Syria.
2) 9th Safar Victory to Imam Ali over Battle of Nahrawan.
3) The Battle of Abwaa took place on 12th of Safar in the year 2 A.H.
4) The Battle of Khaibar took place in the year 7 A.H.
5) Hadrat Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu) married Prophet daughter Hadrat Fatima (Radi Allahu Anhu) in the latter days of Safar 2 A.H.
6) Khubaib Ibn Adey (Radi Allahu Anhu) was martyred in Safar in the year 4 A.H. in Makkah.
7) Zaid Ibn Dathina (Radi Allahu Anhu) was martyred in this month in the year 4 A.H. in Makkah.
RABI UL AWWAL:-
1) The Holy Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) was born in this month as mercy for all and departed from this world 63 years later.
2) The Holy Prophet migrated from Makkah to Madinah Munawwarah.
3) Battle of Buwaat took place in the year 2 A.H.
4) Battle of Saf'vaan took place in the year 2 A.H.
5) Abu Bakr's (Radi Allahu Anhu) daughter, Asma (Radi Allahu Anha) was born 6 years before Prophecy.
6) Ruqayyah (Radi Allahu Anha) the daughter of the beloved Prophet was born 7 years before Prophecy.
7) Abu Bakr (Radi Allahu Anhu) was appointed Caliph.
8) Hadrat Umme Kuithum was married in this month to the third Caliph Uthman (Radi Allahu Anhu) in 3 A.H.
9) Wife of the Holy Prophet Zainab (Radi Allahu Anha) passed away in the year 4 A.H.
10) Ibrahim (Radi Allahu Anhu) the son of Maaria Qibtiya & of the Holy Prophet passed away in the year 10 A.H.
RABI US SANI:-
1) On the 14th Salaah (Namaaz) was made compulsory (Aja-e-bul Makhlukat p. 45).
2) On the 11th the most respectable,
honourable and most learned scholar, and saint, sufi and gnostic of Islam is
remembered throughout the Muslim world: Sayyiduna Qutb-ul-Aqtab Ghaus al-Azam
al-Sheikh ‘Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani ‘al-Hassani al-Hussaini Radi Allahu Anhu.
JAMADI UL AWWAL:-
1) The Battle "Mu’tah" took place in 8 A.H. A war against infidels in which the Holy Prophet did not participate. The battle is named after a famous city in Syria (Mu’tah). Hadrat Zaid Ibn Haritha (Radi Allahu Anhu) was the first appointed General by the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam).
2) In the same Battle Hadrat Khalid ibn Walid (fourth general of the Battle of Mu’tah) was proclaimed by the Holy Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) as being "one of the swords of Allah".
3) The Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam) married his first beloved wife Hadrat Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anhu) 15 years prior to Prophecy.
4) The Holy Prophet grandfather Abdul Muttalib passed away 32 years prior to prophency.
JAMADI US SANI:-
1) On the 1st of this month Hazrat Jibra’eel Alaihis Salam visited The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam for the first time.
2) On the 10th victory to Imam Ali Radi Allahu Anhu over Battle of Bassorah.
8) On the 22nd Hadrat Umar ibn al-Khattab Radi Allahu Anhu became the caliph of Islam.
RAJAB UL MURAJJAB:-
1) The Holy Prophet ascended to Heaven on the 27th of Rajab on either Sunday or Monday (Mi'raaj).
2) On 28th Rajab 5 A.H Hadrat Bilal Ibn Haritha (Radi Allahu Anhu) brought a congregation of four hundred men named Banu Muzeena in the presence of the Holy Prophet. They all embraced Islam and became followers of the Holy Prophet.
3) On 28th Rajab, The battle of Tabook took place in the year 9 A.H. This was the last battle in which the Holy Prophet participated.
4) On 28th Rajab 12 A.H. The second Oath of Aqabah took place in Rajab,
5) 22nd Rajab, Koonday (table cloth dinner) is organized by Sunni Muslims. It is an occasion for Muslims to discuss Allah and the Holy Ahlul Bayt and to strengthen ties among the community with love and compassion. This tradition is more common among the Muslims of South Asia. It is reported to be a practice instructed by 6th Imam Jafar as-Sadiq.
6) 24th “Rajab, Victory to Mulims in the battle of Khyber.
7) On 28th Rajab 12 A.H. Saladin entered Jerusalem.
8) On 28th Rajab 1342 AH (3 March 1924), the Caliphate was destroyed by Mustafa Kamal Pasha in Turkey and Muslim nation was divided then into many states by colonial powers of Britain and France namely.
SHA’BAAN UL MUA’ZZAM:-
1) "Laila-tul Baraa'at (Night of forgiveness) the fifteenth night of Shaban.
2) "Qibla", the direction to be adopted within salaah, was reverted back to the "Ka'aba" in Makkah (after being coverted to Baitul Muqaddas in Jerusalem for a short period of time). This took place two years after Hijraah on the 15th of Shaban.
3) Fasting in the blessed month of Ramadan was made compulsory in the year 2 A.H. on the 25th of Shaban.
4) Three years A.H. Hadrat Hafsa (Radi Allahu Anha) was joined in matrimony with the Prophet.
5) In this very month forty two years later Hadrat Hafsa (Radi Allahu Anha) took leave from this world.
6) The birth of the Prophet's Grandson Hadrat Hussain (Radi Allahu Anhu) took place, four years on the fifth of Shaban.
7) The battle of Banu Mustaliq took place in Shaban.
8) During the above mentioned battle, the "Aayah of Tayammum" (Purifying with sand before salaah) was revealed, in the year 5 A.H.
9) The daughter of the beloved Prophet Umme Kulthum (Radi Allahu Anhu) took leave from this world, in the 9 A.H.
10) On 2nd of this month, Nuzool Ayaate Durood Shareef Innal Laha Wa Malaikatahu.
RAMADHAN UL MUBARAK:-
1) On the 1st of Ramadan the doors of Paradise are opened and the doors of Hell are closed. Also the large devils (Shaitan) are shackled in chains until the end of the month.
2) On the 3rd of this month a holy book (Sahifa) was revealed upon Hazrat Ibrahim Alaihis-Salam.
3) On the 6th The Torah was revealed upon Hazrat Musa Alaihis-Salam.
4) On the 13th The Injeel (Bible) was revealed to Hazrat Issa Alaihis-Salam.
5) On the 17th 2 A.H of this month The first Battle in the Islamic History, "BATTLE OF BADR" took place in which angels were sent down to help The Holy Prophet SalAllahu Alaihe Wasallam.
6) On the 18th of Ramadan the Zaboor was revealed to Hazrat Dawood Alaihis-Salam.
7) On the 19th of Ramadan Hadrat Ali (Radi Allahu Anhu) was injured by a sword.
8) On the 20th of Ramadan the holy city of Makkah was conquered by the Muslims. (FATEH MAKKAH)
9) Qur'an was revealed on the 27th night of Ramadan from the "Lauhe Mahfooz" (on 7th heaven) to 1st heaven.
10) Laylat al-Qadr (The Night of Destiny) is observed during one of the last five odd numbered days of the month. Muslims believe that this night is better than a thousand months. This is often interpreted as praying throughout this night is rewarded equally with praying for a thousand months. Many Muslims spend the entire night in prayer. According to Islamic Believes this night is 21, 23, 25, 27 or 29. However,it is said the date would be kept "top secret" by Allah.
11) On the last day of Ramadan Allah frees the same number of people from Hell as he has released from the beginning of Ramadan (Aja-e-bul Makhlukat p. 46).
12) Hadrat Sawdah (Radi Allahu Anha) was married in year 10 A.H. to the Holy Prophet.
13) Hadrat Zainab Bint Khuzaima's (Radi Allahu Anha) marriage took place in the year 3 A.H. to the Holy Prophet.
14) Hadrat Ruqayyah (Radi Allahu Anha), Holy Prophet daughter, passed away at the young age of 23 in the year 2 A.H when the Prophet was at "Battle of Badr".
SHAWWAL UL MUKARRAM:-
1) On the 1st of this month is Eid-ul-Fitr, which is a
celebration to mark the end of Ramadan. On this day:
- Allah showers his blessings upon his servants
- Allah inspired the bees to make honey
- Allah created Paradise
- Allah called Hazrat Jibra’eel (Alayhissalaam) to take his revelations to his messengers
- The Magicians of Pharoah (Firaun) repented for their sins (Gunniyatut Talibin vol. 2 p. 18)
2) Hadrat Aa'ishah Siddiqah (Radi Allahu Anha) was married to Holy Prophet in Shawwal, 10 years after Prophethood which is 3 years before Hijrah.
3) The fight between Banu Qaynaqaa took place between the battle of Badr and Uhud, Shawwal 2 A.H. after Hijrah.
4) The battle of Uhud also took place on 15TH Shawwaal, three years after Hijrah (Victory to Muslims in the Battle of Uhud).
5) Hadrat Hussain (Radi Allahu Anhu) Holy Prophet's grandson (son of Hadrat Fatima Radi Allahu Anhu) was born in the month of Shawwaal 4 years after Hijrah.
6) The Holy Prophet married Hadrat Umme Salamah (Radi Allahu Anha) in Shawwal in the 4 year after Hijrah.
7) Hadrat Aa'ishah Siddiqah's (Radi Allahu Anha) mother passed away in year 5 A.H.
1) On the 1st of this month Allah ordered Hadrat Musa Alaihis-Salam to leave his followers for a period of 30 days, which was extended to 40 days, so that he could receive the holy book – The Torah.
2) On the 5th Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis-Salam and his son Hadrat Ismail Alaihis-Salam started to rebuild the Ka’abah.
3) On the 14th of Zul Q’adah Allah ordered the fish, that swallowed Hadrat Yunus Alaihis-Salam, to release him from its stomach.
4) The battle of 'khandaq (trench) or Ahzab' took place in the year 5 A.H.
5) In the year 6 A.H. -Truce of Hudaubiyah.
6) In the year 6 A.H 'Bay'at-e-Rizwaan' (The oath of allegiance named Rizwaan).
7) The return to Makkah for Umrah by Holy Prophet and
his Companions in the year 7 A.H.
1) The Prophet performed the farewell Hajj and gave the historic sermon known as the "Farewell Sermon".
2) On the 1st of this month Hadrat Fatimah Zahrah Radi Allahu Anha married Hadrat Ali Radi Allahu Anhu.
3) On the 8th of this month Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis-Salam saw a dream in which he was ordered to sacrifice his son Hadrat Ismail Alaihis-Salam. The following morning he pondered and thought whether this message was from Allah or Shaitan (The Devil).
4) The 9th of Dhul Hijjah is known as the ‘Day of Arafah’ because Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salam saw the same dream on this night confirming that it was indeed a direct order from Allah Almighty.
5) On the 10th of Dhul Hijjah Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis-Salam showed that he was willing to sacrifice his only son for Allah’s sake. When Hadrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salam was about to cut Hadrat Ismail’s Alaihis Salam throat Allah ordered Hadrat Jibra’eel Alaihis Salam to remove Hadrat Ismail Alaihis Salam and place a ram from Paradise beneath the knife. Hence the ram was sacrificed. It for this reason that the tradition of sacrificing an animal on this day continues.
6) On the 28th of this month Hadrat Ali Radi Allahu Anhu became the fourth Caliph of Islam after the demise of Hadrat Uthman-e-Gani Radi-Allahu Anhu (Aja-e-bul Makhlukat p. 46).
7) On 24th Event of Al-Mubahila.
8) Egypt was conquered by the army sent by Hadart Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu).
9) Hadrat Uthmaan (Radi Allahu Anhu) was appointed the third Caliph.